Universal Studios has attractions like the new Transformers 3-D ride. Who doesn’t like amusement parks? They amuse. They are parks. They are GREAT! But they can be pricey. If you’re a true Cheapskate-a-holic, it’s like a stick in your craw to pay full price for anything, even for something fun. And guess what – you don’t have to! Here are some tips for getting a discount to Universal Studios.
- Costco: While you’re buying enough spam in bulk to feed an army, you might as well pick up some discount tickets to Universal Studios. Right now participating Costcos are selling Universal Studio tickets for $69.
- Online/Residence Specials: Check out the Universal Studios website for special deals! Universal Studios Hollywood currently has $15 off the regular $77 price if you are a California resident. Offer is good through July 1, 2012. Florida residents only pay $76.50 for Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure while nonresidents pay $85.
- Employers: Some agencies want their employees to be happy on the weekends so they can work you to death during the week! See if the company you work for has a deal with Universal Studios to give employee discount tickets.
- US Military: Eligible members include retirees, DOD personnel, members of the National Guard/Reserves, dependents and all other base personnel. Visit your local base MWR/ITT ticket office to purchase your tickets or order your tickets via the phone (contact Commander, Navy Region, Southwest at (619) 767-6000.)
- AAA: It’s not only good for broken down cars but discounts at Universal Studios too! You have to log in to the AAA website to see what deals lay in store for you.
I’ve never been to Universal Studios in Hollywood, but I have stood on the red carpet that lays outside it. I thought for sure someone would confuse me with a beautiful famous actress or some hot supermodel and ask for my autograph, but, alas, no. People passed me by like I was nobody…except for the guy who thought I worked there and asked me to mop up some vomit. Don’t they know who I am? I’m the anonymous lady who blogs for Cheapskate-a-holic, for crying out loud! Oh well. Guess I won’t hold it against Universal Studios. And you shouldn’t either.
Go to Universal Studios with your discount ticket and enjoy!
Want to be notified when new blogs are posted so you don’t miss any good articles like this one in the future? Subscribe here!